Symbian puko!

Pravila foruma
Symbian deo foruma posvećen je uopštenoj priči o svemu vezanom za operativni sistem.
Ukoliko želite da pogledate teme vezane za određeni model telefona, možete to uraditi preko sledećih prečica:
NokiaSamsungSony Ericsson
Lobachewsky
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Pridružio se: Uto, 30. Avg 2005. 07:56
:: Huawei P20 lite DS

Symbian puko!

Post od Lobachewsky »

Ne, ovo nije naslov iz Kurira! Ovo se zaista desava. Symbian je sudeci po dogadjajima koji su ga (ocekivano) zadesili ovih dana definitivno puko! Ne u smislu da mu se odbrojavaju poslednji dani (nikad se ne zna :roll: ), vec u smislu da je Symbian spao samo na Nokiju!
Najpopularniji operativni sistem danasnjice (vise zbog tradicije i dugogodisnje dominacije- stare slave, manje zbog (ne)inovativnosti), na kraju je odbacen od glavnih igraca Samsunga i Sony Ericssona. Kao neperspektivan i truo, jel'?
Bujica konkurencije u obliku Androida, iOS-a, Bade i buduceg Windowsa ocigledno nemilosrdno i zasluzeno kaznjava tromost kompanije koja razvija Symbian.

Samsung drops all Symbian support by the end of December
And when we say all, we really mean it. By the end of December Samsung will close its Symbian forums, developer's site and will remove all Symbian-related documentation from its servers. Ouch!
Unlike Sony Ericsson, which just has no future plans on developing Symbian handsets, Samsung acts far more aggressively. It will close its Symbian dedicated forums and websites and will delete all Symbian-related data. It's like Samsung want to erase the Symbian print from its history.
The Symbian termination will start on 29 October with the close of its developer section on the Samsung Mobile Innovator website. Then on 30 and 31 December all forums and data will go down.

Developers should hurry up and submit any Symbian apps they might have to the Samsung Apps store.
Ok, that's starting to freak us out. Sony Ericsson and Samsung are clearly not sending the right message with their actions. You can't just turn your back on a smartphone platform you've used on your high-end devices. Should we start worrying they might as well ditch Android or even WP7 in a year or two?

izvor: www.gsmarena.com
Sony Ericsson Is Planning No New Symbian Products
Sept. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Ltd., the mobile-phone venture of Sony Corp. and Ericsson AB, is the latest vendor to abandon the Symbian operating system.

“We have no plans for the time being to develop any new products to the Symbian Foundation standard or operating system,” Aldo Liguori, a spokesman for the London-based company, said by telephone today. Liguori confirmed remarks made by Chief Technology Officer Jan Uddenfeldt to Swedish technology newspaper Ny Teknik.

Symbian is clinging to its perch as the world’s biggest- selling smartphone operating system mainly because of Nokia Oyj, which uses it as its main software on high-end phones. Its market share declined to 41.2 percent in the second quarter from 51 percent a year earlier, according to Gartner Inc. figures. Sony Ericsson uses Symbian on its Vivaz line and also employs Google Inc.’s Android and proprietary systems.

“We have made a significant shift to support Android,” Chief Creation Officer Rikko Sakaguchi said in July, adding that the Vivaz line with Symbian was doing well and contributing to margin improvement.

Sony Ericsson doesn’t pre-announce products currently in the pipeline, Liguori said.

Nokia, the world’s largest mobile-phone maker, set up the Symbian Foundation in 2008 to share code with other handset makers, including Sony Ericsson and Samsung Electronics Co., and with developers and chipmakers. Samsung has embraced Android in addition to developing its own system called Bada. Motorola Inc. shifted to Android from Symbian several years ago.

Sony Ericsson remains a member of the Symbian Foundation, Liguori said. The use of Android is “not exclusive, but it will certainly continue to be an important platform for us,” he said.

Izvor: http://www.businessweek.com/
Zakljucak i komentari su na vama. Ali po svemu sudeci na kraju se vracamo tamo gde je sve i pocelo. Symbian = Nokia.
Vip Neo 3 + Vip Net 100 GB, dual sim

Ninolina
Pridružio se: Sre, 07. Dec 2005. 08:42
:: Galaxy Note 9 White
:: Galaxy Watch Active2

Post od Ninolina »

Lobachewsky postoji vec tema u kojoj si i pisao o ovome..
viewtopic.php?t=18359

Da dzaba ne gomilamo teme kad vec tamo postujemo vesti i informacije sa mobilnog trzista i diskutujemo. :wink:

Vec smo zakljucali ovaku temu koju je zapoceo Dream Weaver.. :)
*** ALL WHITE with Teddy *** GALAXY NOTE 9 White Snapdragon *** GALAXY WATCH ACTIVE 2 Aluminum 44mm ***

jerkann
Mobil manijak
Mobil manijak
Pridružio se: Pon, 07. Jan 2008. 08:14
:: Samsung Galaxy S4
:: Nokia 808

Post od jerkann »

Ali po svemu sudeci na kraju se vracamo tamo gde je sve i pocelo. Symbian = Nokia.
mislim da je tako i najbolje. Jer godinama su samsung i Se pravili neke pokusaje svog symbiana i to je meni bilo po malo smesno.
Zna da su trenutno svi zaludjeni androidom, ali meni je i dalje symbian najbolji OS tj. meni najvise odgovara.

Zaključana tema